1. Federal government to revive agricultural extension services.
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Alhaji Sabo Nanono, has inaugurated a committee on the revitalisation of agricultural extension service workers, with a view to enhancing extension services in Nigeria.
2. Police have arrested the man kissing a 3 year old girl in viral video.
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested one Babatunde of Shagamu, Ogun State, for kissing his three-year-old stepsister in a viral video.
3. 2nd Niger bridge and Lagos-Ibadan expressway to become ready by 2022 – FG.
The Federal government has said that the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, the Second Niger Bridge, and the Abuja-Kaduna Expressway, among others, are to be completed in the first quarter of 2022,
4. AFDB Board authorizes the independent review of report exonerating Adesina.
The Bureau of the Boards of Governors of the African Development Bank has authorised an independent review of the report of the ethics committee of the boards of the Directors and submission made by President of the bank, Dr Akinwumi Adesina.
5. Nigeria records 328 new cases of Covid-19 as total confirmed cases hit 11,844.
328 persons contracted coronavirus in Nigeria in the past 24 hours, The PUNCH reports.
This brings the total number of confirmed infections in the country to 11,844.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control made this known on Friday.
The NCDC said, “On the 5th of June 2020, 328 new confirmed cases and 10 deaths were recorded in Nigeria.”
6. President Buhari Approves Reappointment Of Professor Danbatta As NCC’s Boss.
In an effort to consolidate what has been achieved in the telecommunications sector in line with the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy, President Muhammadu Buhari, has approved the reappointment of Professor Umar Garba Danbattaas, as the Executive Vice Chairman, Nigerian Communications Commission.
These are some of the breaking news in Nigeria this morning, Saturday 6th of June 2020.