1. ASUU threatened to embark on indefinite strike when lockdown is relaxed by June 29. They said no one is taking them serious now due to the challenges we are facing as a nation.
2. The federal government pleaded with ASUU to call off strike to enable students of public universities resume academic activities. Students are already tired of staying at home without being occupied. Meanwhile some Universities not under ASUU are about to round up 2nd semester using E-learning.
3. Federal government is of the opinion that students of tertiary institutions should be promoted to next level without writing exams. This is due to the fact that Covid-19 has disrupted academic work and they can’t afford to shift this year activities to next year. This will be of great benefit to lazy students because they will be promo
ted to the next level without any form of exam.
4. FG will be attending to children in primary and secondary schools next month. As for those in tertiary institutions, they should continue making use of E-learning for now.
5. If tertiary institutions are to promote students to next level without exams, only those who had paid school fees will be promoted.
6. From the look of things, there may not be post—utme this year, aspirants might be asked to upload documents online for screening. Screening fees remain #2000 excluding bank charges. We don’t know if Uniben will conduct exams, but aspirants should keep reading their books to avoid stories that touches the heart.